Pediatric Physical Therapy in NJ
What is pediatric physical therapy?
At Exchange Physical Therapy Group, our children’s physical therapists have specialized training to meet the individual and functional needs of children impacted by developmental, orthopedic, and neurological conditions. This specialized physical therapy can help children of all ages improve gross and fine motor skills, functional mobility, flexibility, posture, balance, and coordination.
When should I bring my child to a physical therapist?
Visit Exchange Physical Therapy Group for a consultation when your child has any of the following signs that he/she needs a physical therapist:
- Pain after a sports injury
- Pain when walking or performing everyday movements
- Walking on the balls of feet or in another uncommon manner
- Inability to do the normal movements most children his/her age can perform:
- Tripping or falling often
- Only moving head to one side (torticollis in infants)
What conditions can a pediatric physical therapist treat?
At Exchange Physical Therapy Group, we are specially trained to diagnose, prevent, and treat the following common pediatric conditions:
- Ankle sprains and strains
- Nerve injuries
- Congenital deformities or disorders
- Gross and fine motor skill problems
- Sports injuries
- Foot disorders
- Joint conditions
- Musculoskeletal problems
To learn more about pediatric physical therapy, visit Exchange Physical Therapy Group in Jersey City and Weehawken. Our team is made up of enthusiastic, hands-on providers who offer a comprehensive range of physical therapy services. We are open seven days a week and accept walk-ins, so you can come in anytime or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment.